1. Don’t Take it Too Seriously: It may be important but if it stresses you out, your performance will suffer…laugh often!
Runners: Leave your Garmin at home on occassion. :-)
2. Ask: Ask for the sale, ask for help…from the heart, for the right reasons! No one really wants to do it alone.
Runners: Run with buddies…to speed you up or slow you down.
3. Stay in the Moment: What you DO right now is all that matters…not yesterday, not tomorrow. Right now.
Runners: Run the mile you are in!
4. Be Generous: If you want something, give something first. Trust that it will come back to you. Givers gain.
Runners: High five fellow runners, congratulate the winner, volunteer.
5. Use Your Time: We all have the same amount of time available to us. You can choose to use it or not. The keyword is “USE.”
Runners: Go run!
6. Reflect: Take some time to slow down, look around, breathe. Find some quiet time. You may see something new in that mirror.
Runners: On occasion, stop and enjoy the view, the quiet, the moment.
7. Feed the Fire Within: …to live with joy and passion but make choices with your head.
Runners: Do what you love whether fast or slow, short or long, but listen to your body.
8. Find Balance: Work, family, faith, health…the tree that leans too far will fall.
Runners: Mix it up, cross train, rest!
9. Find the Positive: In winning and in losing. In Everything.
Runners: It hurts but it’s a good hurt!
10. Face your fear: That which we are most afraid of is exactly the thing we need to go after.
Runners: Sign up for that race already!
11. Choose…to be successful, to be happy, to be you…then ACT on it.
Runners: Run Steady, Run Strong!